Carrot Cake Bites
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups pecans
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Grated zest of 1 clementine or orange
- 1 cup dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- -Squeeze out any excess liquid from the grated carrot.
- -Place all the ingredients, apart from the coconut, into a food processor and process until the mixture comes together in a large clump, scraping down the sides of the bowl a couple of times, if necessary.
- -Line a plate or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- -Take a teaspoon of the mixture, roll into a ball, and place on the parchment paper. Repeat to make 12–14 golfball-sized spheres in total.
- -Put the shredded coconut into a bowl and roll each ball in the coconut to coat.
- -Place the balls on the lined plate and refrigerate overnight.
Hay River Readers https://www.hayriverreaders.net/